Monday, February 16, 2009

Pounding the Pavement

Sunday was tough. Stayed up pretty late Saturday (after the 100 mile ride) working on a task for my boss in Colorado Springs, then had to be at work 8 am Sunday. Got up at 4:30 to get a 15 mile run before work. If I’m going to run in the dark, I’d rather run in the morning when there is not traffic vs evenings when there is.

Sunday’s run was painful. I started out pretty slow and just kind of tapered off from there. My legs were kind of trashed from Sunday's ride, and running on pavement probably wasn't doing them any favors. Ended up with 15.5 miles all on concrete and pavement. My calves were starting to cramp the last mile or so but I got through it. Didn’t really have time to stretch so I pretty much hobbled around at work like a cripple all day.

Today is a recovery day. Just strength work in the gym, primarily focusing on Core.

Sunday: Run 2:14, 15.5 miles
Total for Week: Bike - 13.8 hrs, 178.5 miles, Run - 5.3 hrs, 37.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment