Saturday, May 2, 2009

Set Backs

This last week has been pretty exhausting and frustrating. Got to San Diego and woke up the next morning with a sore throat and feeling pretty groggy. We worked very long days Mon & Tues and I just wasn't feeling 100%. My joints were sore and I just couldn't get going even on an easy run. On Wed, got up at 3:30 am for a 6 am flight to Columbus, OH. Pretty much zero time to run or workout. In Columbus we worked very long hours again and on my flight home to Colorado Springs, whatever was bothering me all week came down like a hammer. I got home went to bed and didn't get back up for over 24 hours. When I did, I had a fever of 100.7 and my throat was so sore I had a hard time swallowing liquids. Still had work to complete before I leave for Washington DC tomorrow. I guess working long hours and travelling to 4 time zones in a week kind of wore me down. Especially since I was trying to force training too. Well it's been 3 weeks off the bike, no running the last three days, I'm sick as a dog and heading out of town for another week. Times like these will make crossing that finish line that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment