Saturday, May 9, 2009

Back In Colorado Again!


Pike's Peak (Click to enlarge)
WHOOOHOOO! Finally back Home! Man it’s been a very long hard 4 weeks on the road (and 3 ½ months before that). I can’t even begin to describe how happy I am to be home. With all the travel, getting up at 4 am to run, working all day & night, it seems like I haven’t seen the sun in weeks. Even though it rained all week, and I worked all day and late into the evening I still managed to get up and run in the dark every morning. Coming home is paradise. This week I got a total of 55 miles of running and zero biking. I haven’t even seen a bike for a month. I celebrated coming home by running one of my favorite loops at Rampart Reservoir. It’s a fairly flat run, but beautiful with an average altitude of just over 9000 ft. I haven’t run a hill in over a month so I decided not to do an extreme hilly route. This run was magic! It did wonders for my soul. I am so happy to be back in the mountains! My goal was to run at least 3 hours. I did a loop around Rampart Reservoir in a little over 2 hours, then ran another hour just enjoying the mountains and trails, being back home, and my favorite running buddy in the whole world, Max.


My Bestest Running Buddy in the Whole Wide World



Saturday, May 9: Run 3.2 hrs, 22 miles
Friday, May 8: Run .7 hrs, 5 miles
Thur. May, 7: Run 1.5 hrs, 11 miles
Wed. May, 6: Run .7 hrs, 5 miles
Tues. May, 5: Run 1.2 hrs, 8.5 miles
Mon. May, 4: Run .6 hrs, 4 miles
Total for Week: Run 7.9 hrs, 55.5 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment